Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday. August 13th - a cloudy and rainy weekend but fun just the same

While it's been overcast with a few showers over the past couple of days, it's still quite warm.
This morning at 5:30 it's 20' with light drizzle and headed for a high of 25' that will feel like 33' with a mix of sun and clouds and a chance of thundershowers. We may get a bit of rain as well.

On Friday, the weekend started off on a great note. Brenda came over and we made supper. Lloyd got home around 6:30 and we had some linguine noodles with a bit of a white wine cream sauce with tiny scallops and some chopped green and red peppers accompanied by bruschetta. Turned out not too badly for something that didn't have a lot of planning put into it. After a couple of glasses of wine and some freshly made frozen yogurt, our evening was complete.

I took Saturday off work so I could do some work around the house and make dinner. Lina's flight was due in at 5:00 so I asked Lloyd if he would stick around town when he was done work at 4:00 and pick her up. No problem.

By the time they arrived I had supper almost ready - or at least organized. We started off with a lobster bisque using the stock that Lloyd had made a while back, and froze. Then continuing with our lobster theme, we had lobster ravioli topped with the same sauce as the night before, on our pasta. The main course was a lobster newburg atop BBQ steaks with new baby potatoes and baby carrots. We finished off with creme brule. Brenda was working at the Rec Centre and we decided that we'd send her a text to join us when she was done so we waited till she got there to have dessert. Of course, more wine was consumed.

Sunday morning Brenda and Will were going on a bike ride, as were Lloyd and the other guys. So Lina and I had a leisurely morning then went to Tracadie to enjoy the Lions Club pancake breakfast. And enjoy we certainly did. When we were leaving, she called a fellow she knows who lives in Stratford. It seems that he and his family were neighbours of Lina's growing up as a child in Cambridge.  She hadn't met Rick's wife Mary before but we knew right away we would love her as she was standing out on the front porch with a glass of wine in her hand. So we were welcomed in with open arms and fed still more wine and some delicious clam chowder. Not that we really needed any more food!

We finally left there to go home and pick up our stuff as we were spending the night at Crowbush. We arrived and checked in and I was sort of looking around to see if I knew anyone from my days working there. The very pleasant and friendly young woman who checked us in looked vaguely familiar and she said the same thing about me. I told her I had worked there 3 years ago but that wasn't it. She asked me my name and after mulling it over for a few seconds, because the name was familiar to her as well, she realized that the reason we know each other is that she lives in the mini home beside us on Five Houses Road. She shares my little garden plot!  We both felt totally stupid for not recognizing each other but the one time we did discuss where we worked she was in Montague. She's only been at Crowbush for a short time. Lina got quite a chuckle out of that one. 

After checking us in she informed us that the other girls had all arrived and were waiting for us over at the clubhouse. We got the concierge to drive us over in the golf cart shuttle and we went upstairs to greet the other three ladies.  The two server who were working were girls that I knew as was  Joanie in the kitchen. I went in and chatted with her  for a couple of minutes before rejoining the group at the table. We had a good discussion about the upcoming conference and we were filled in on the ground work that's been done up till now.  We finally left there around 9:30 and headed back to the resort. The shuttle came and picked us up again and we headed to our rooms to get organized. Once we checked everything out we re-adjourned in Shelley's room to further discuss the conference. They have a meeting at 10:30 this morning with the general manager and will have a tour of the resort and then they will be going to Brudenell this afternoon.

I had the alarm on my phone set for 6:15 as I planned to leave from there and go to work. I woke up at 5:01 and had a moment of panic when I saw the time, thinking that my alarm didn't off, forgetting that it was set for a later time. But that bit of an adrenalin rush was enough to wake me up completely. I tried for a few minutes to get back to sleep but that wasn't going to happen. So I got up and got dressed and headed home. I figured I could do my blog then go to work. I was half way home when I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses (I don't need them to drive). So the first thing I had to do was find an old pair so I could see the computer screen. As you can see, I found what I was looking for so I should be able to make it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment