Thursday, November 4, 2010

A heart warming story


Conditions at 6:00 am - clear, bright stars and lots of frost and temperatures of 1*
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud and 8*


This morning I was watching the news on the TV and there's a commercial for some kind of yogurt and they actually said the phrase "It's all good".  I thought I was hearing things!  Bernie's favorite phrase is spreading.

Next week Abby at work, who answers the phone when I'm out on the road, is leaving for 2 weeks vacation so someone is coming in to drive the shuttle on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays so I can stay in and answer the phone. That will make for a much longer day. I'm not sure what they'll have me doing while I'm there all day, but I'll be glad when Abby returns, I'm sure.

As I'm sitting here, watching last nights news, there's a story about an amazing older couple from Truro, NS who won 11 million dollars in the lottery last July. They have virtually none of it left, except for a small amount set aside for emergencies, but the rest has all been donated to various local hospitals and charities.  They say they gave it all away as they feel there's nothing they need. They live in a 150 year old house and are happy with their life. It was such a refreshing story.  Even though she is fighting cancer, and is undergoing chemotherapy, they both feel they are happy with the life they have.  I'm guessing that their attitude might be not so uncommon here in the maritimes. Here's the story from CBC

Nova Scotians Allen and Violet Large won $11.2 million in July with their Lotto 6-49 win. They say almost all of that money is gone now.
The CBC's Kevin Harvey spoke to the Larges about what they've done with their winnings.


Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/11/03/video-ns-lottery-winners-update.html#ixzz14IvDpNWb

1 comment:

  1. All the Mccains commercials are using the same comment. I guess we should have Trademarked it!!

    ReplyDelete