Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's been a long week, and it's not over yet.



Conditions at 6:00 am - rain and 3* and windy
Expected later - more rain, stopping this afternoon and a high of 5*

The weather right now is exactly like it was last year at Christmas - wet and mild. It makes for good traveling but not so good for sliding down hills or walking in the woods.I'm hopeful we'll have at least some snow for Christmas this year.  But in reality, I don't mind it it waits till the last week in December to arrive!
It's been a long week, sitting at my desk, trying to look busy, with nothing to do. I was meant to be driving again today and tomorrow, but now that's changed. So I just have to keep trying to look busy. Craig is in today and hopefully he can find something for me to do. .
********************************************
You must be talking about some OTHER dog.
As I'm writing this, I noticed the dog was missing. He typically sits by the fire while I write my blog. So I just went searching and found him in the living room. I have these little teddy bears, dressed in knitted sweaters that I picked up a few years ago and they're meant to go on the Christmas tree. Apparently he thought they were toys for him to chew on. I went in and there he was with one of them between his paws, trying to pull the nose off. The nerve of some people's dogs! Now that he knows they're there, I may not have any left by the end of the day. I just hope I don't come home to find the house strewn with stuffing out of bears. The real estate fellow who sold us our house, is coming over tonight. He hasn't been here since the day we bought the house, so I suspect he'll notice a few changes. (Note- just rescued two more bears - so now they've  all been moved higher up on the tree).
*********************************************
I tried calling Patti on her cell yesterday but I forgot she's lost her phone. I know she had it with her last week as I talked to her when she was on her way to work  but Lloyd told me she's lost it somewhere. It's probably on a plane making the daily trip to Fort McMurray, Alberta, so I haven't talked to the kids about their new puppy but I'm sure I'll hear all about it soon. When I talked to Lloyd yesterday morning, he was home sick. He thinks he has the flu and was feeling really poorly. I was going to call him last night but was afraid I'd wake him up if he was sleeping. Hopefully he's feeling a little better today. Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten my flu shot yet this year. Must do that soon. At least it's not like last year with the whole N1H1 panic going on.
*******************************************************
Only three more sleeps till Bernie leaves for New Zealand (well, actually, Toronto and THEN New Zealand). I'm sure he must be getting pretty pumped about it. We were wondering recently if they have kangaroos in New Zealand but I couldn't find any mention of them. They do however, have a lot of whales and boat tours to view them are numerous. I'm a little envious of that as they have some whales that we rarely see here. However, you can't ride a motorcycle to watch whales so that's not likely to happen. I don't know if Bernie found a bike but I know he was looking. Whatever he and Caitlyn do, I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time.I must remember to tell him to pick me up a bell for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment