Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's all over except the party!


Conditions at 6:00 am - light rain and1*
Expected later - more rain and a high of 3*

The whole crew!
We had such a good time last night. We worked with chocolate and it was incredibly messy but lots of fun. I think we tried to pack too much into one night, so the results were not quite as good as they might have been been but I think they were all still pleased. We made truffles, chocolate almond bark, peppermint bark with both white and dark chocolate, molded chocolate suckers and painted chocolate boxes.  At least everyone got the idea of how to do some of this stuff. I was very surprised when Lesa presented me with a lovely card with a gift card inside for the Kitchen Store at the mall, so I can go and buy another new toy. They've sure got me figured out! They're a great group of people and I truly enjoyed working with them these past ten weeks.  They feel they've learned something and I love getting reports each week on what they went home and made. Their confidence level is much improved and I wish them well.
I'm looking forward to next week. It should be a lot of fun. We can just relax and enjoy each others company and it won't be the mad rush it's been every week up to now. Eleanor came into the class and talked to Brenda to let her know that the evaluations all came back very positive and everyone had a wonderful time, and they hope we will consider doing it again next year. We talked about it on the way home and the bottom line, we'll see what's going on in our lives come next summer before we make the decision.
*******************************************************

Patti picked up the new puppy yesterday. I haven't talked to her since she got it. She was going to take it with her when she went to pick up the kids after school. James has his guitar lesson on Tuesdays after school so he had to leave, and he was a bit torn. He was the only one who knew the dog was arriving yesterday and really wanted to be there, but he really didn't want to miss his lesson either. That says a lot about how much he's enjoying his lessons. So because Patti was busy, Lloyd took James to his guitar class.  I'm glad that he gets to be involved in the little day to day things from time to time. He's filling in a little for me.
I'll have to call them this morning and get the kids reports! I'm sure they're all really excited and probably arguing over it already! 
********************************************************
 Patti also sent me a picture of the prize winning float from the Guelph Santa Claus Parade - Guelph Montessori School. Their theme was The Polar Express so it was an easy one for costumes - just pajamas over top of their warm clothes. Unfortunately the quality of both of these pictures isn't very good so hopefully we'll get better ones soon. I suspect they may have been taken with a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment