Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Patti!


Conditions at 5:30 - 4* and overcast
Expected later - 8* and showers


 A big Happy Birthday to Patti today! 


 I don't know what plans she has for today, or if she's even home but Happy Birthday from PEI!








Yesterday was the first day that someone else was driving the shuttle. It was a VERY long day for me. Usually the accounting people give me jobs to do that are boring but at least pass the time. I had none of those yesterday. It did give me ample opportunity to type up the recipes for tonight and email them to Brenda. Other than that, I had absolutely nothing to do, although the phone was quite busy. Today should be better as Craig will be in and he can usually find something for me to do.
------------------------------------------------------------
On the weekend I went to Walmart and picked up some long sleeve tops that I'm getting embroidered with the Honda logo and I'll wear those instead of the ones from the dry cleaners. It makes good economic sense to me. The shirts from the cleaners cost $24 a month which I think will be much better spent elsewhere.That's almost $300 a year!  I don't take the shirts in to get them laundered, I'm doing that myself, so what am I actually paying for?  The fellow who did some work for us recently at Honda is going to embroider the logo on them for me.
------------------------------------------------------------
Still lots to do
A couple of weekends ago, I actually did a bit of work on my dollhouse. It has sustained a fair bit of damage in the past few years and it needs a little tender loving care. For the first time in a long time, I actually have a place to put it. I'd like to get it at least partially done before Christmas. I have a little decorated tree that goes in there so it would be nice to have it furnished when the kids get here. But I still have lots of do, and Christmas is soon going to be here.
I'm working to get other projects done and I just might run out of time, but I'll try my best. In two more weeks, our cooking classes will be finished and that will free up two more nights - Monday for prep and Tuesday for the class.

Speaking of our class, this week we are doing three Ann Lindsay soups.Watch for the recipes tomorrow They are all quick, tasty and very healthy.  As a treat for everyone, I made Creme Brulee last night. It takes too long to do it in class so I made it at home and will bring it in with the recipe. We'll brulee the sugar in class just before we eat it. And yes, there is an extra one for Bernie!

No comments:

Post a Comment