Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back to the sixties

Tomorrow night is our staff party. Last night I planned the menu and made the shopping list. Today on my way home I will do the shopping then I can start food first thing in the morning. My biggest challenge was trying to come up with something to wear. I had decided to tie dye a t-shirt. But I don't have any dye, and I don't have a plain white t-shirt. So I went off in search of supplies after work. I didn't find any dye, and I couldn't find a plain white t-shirt. I went to Froggy's thinking they would have something and I found a tie dyed shirt of sorts, with some sort of advertising on it. But it would work. Not to mention the fact that it set me back $2.95. At Froggy's there was a pair of jeans hanging on the wall, with things drawn all over them. They were too small for me but I did have my camera with me so I took a picture of them. I've got a couple of pairs of jeans at home I never wear anymore (they don't stretch, a quality I desire in jeans these days). So I got one pair out of the closet and set to work with Meghan's markers. They turned out not too bad. I'll get someone to take a picture at the party tomorrow night. Then early this morning I woke up and remembered I had a Haight-Ashbury Park t-shirt that I bought in San Francisco. I think I may wear that instead. But I'll see when I get dressed, which one will work best.

This morning I am again volunteering with the Aboriginal Cultural event at UPEI. I was there yesterday from 12 till 2, then ended up spending another 45 minutes as someone didn't show up to man one of the draw tables. It was interesting to watch some of the dancing and drumming. But most of that was not in the area we were stationed. I was helping serve the food to the volunteers and performers. The mother of one of the native students made big pots of vegetable beef soup, and it was served along with bannock. I have to admit I did eat more than my share of the bannock, so none for me today.

This afternoon is my blood donor clinic at the sports centre. Not a lot of work is going to get done at my desk again today, and tomorrow I'm off!

I should also mention that I am invited to dine this evening at Chez Van Gaal when I get home from shopping, always a treat to have someone else cook for me. Then I may do a couple of things for the party tonight when I get home. The more I can do ahead, the better, but I have my list of what to prep ahead of time and what will need to be done at the party.

I have to admit I don't have my homework done for my quilting class on Saturday. The past two weeks have just been too busy. So I will have to watch and make notes of what to do to finish my project. I know Janice is NOT going to be pleased with me, but that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment