Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The excitement is mounting...

Last night I got a phone call - "Hello Grandma, it's me, Meghan". Seems we had to go on Skype so I could see her hamster. She's had Caramel for quite a while but now that she's coming down, it's critical that I see what her hamster looks like. They were quite excited about their trip today.
Then Tristen came on the phone. I asked him what he's doing tomorrow and he said "I'm going to visit my grandma". I asked him which grandma he was visiting and he replied "MY grandma" Then I asked if he was going to be visiting the grandma who lives in PEI and he said "Yes". I said,"THAT'S ME!" - then I think he finally made the connection. Then when we were on skype, he was very anxious to show me his new shirt. He's a funny little duck sometimes.
He's also a very laid back individual, as you can see from these pictures..

I think he's going to be the fashion critic in the family.
One day I was looking after them one morning and he was sick. He had been throwing up and was generally feeling very poorly. We were on the way to the bathroom, and you could tell he really didn't feel good, when he stopped in his tracks, turned around and looked at me and said very brightly "I like your shirt grandma". I was wearing a slightly different sweater but I was amazed that a three year old would make note of such a thing.

But then James has always been somewhat of a fashion critic as well. I was at a conference a couple of years ago and picked up a long denim jacket, with all kinds of bright colours on it. I really liked it and thought it looked quite attractive. One morning when the kids were over and I was driving them to school, I put on my new jacket, and James just looked me up and down then said "That's not a good look for you grandma". I guess I've been wearing mostly black for too long. That's all he's used to seeing me wear.

We have a busy time planned. The pool is open most days, there are two hockey games and the movies. James also wants to go cross country skiing as well. Brenda offered to let him try her boots as she has tiny little feet, so with some extra socks, we might get them to fit. We can also rent cross country skis at Brookvale. Hopefully the ski conditions will be good. It's still quite cold at night so I suspect they are still able to make snow. The snow should still be okay in the woods for while. I would love to be able to take him over to Dalvay, but we'll see.

It's a beautiful sunny morning this morning, though chilly, around minus 4, but it will go up to zero later today.

I didn't talk to Brenda last night, but I'll call her tonight and see how she's doing in her class. She's the only woman, so she has a slightly different slant on things than the men do. I know we won't be doing Friday Feast but maybe we can have her over one night and we can put the kids to bed early and the three of us can watch a movie or something.

We'll see how the week unfolds.

I thought I had it all figured out. I had a great plan where I was going to take the truck and leave her the car. It was a perfect plan until I was driving home from work last night, and it hit me like a ton of bricks - Patti can't drive a standard, and my new car is a standard. So much for planning! She'll have to use the truck, but that's okay, it does have the club cab so there are seats for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment