Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's a glorious Saturday morning.


What a spectacularly beautiful morning! The wind has stopped and the sun is bright and warm! It's still cold outside but you can feel the heat, giving you hope that Spring is on the way. I saw another sure sign of Spring this morning as well - a 'dead skunk in the middle of the road'. Actually it's the second one I've seen, and twice last week I had to slow down to avoid hitting a racoon just up the road from my house. I think it might have been the same one, because it was in the same spot, but then how could I know that? It's not like they each have identifying characteristics!
I got up early this morning and because I was ready I decided to come into town early, and jot down some stuff in my blog as well as do some internet banking. For some reason, I have no internet connection at home since the storm on Thursday night. I may have to contact Bell if this continues.
You can imagine my disappointment when I arrived at Timothy's, laptop in hand, only to discover that they don't open until 8:30 on Saturday mornings. It was 7:30 when I got there. So, I had no choice really, but to go to Starbucks next door. What a frustrating experience.
First my coffee, just a plain coffee with a flavour shot, cause they don't sell flavoured coffee like Timothys, was $3.00. Then when I sat down to use my laptop, I find I have to sign onto a Starbucks account to use the 'free' connection, but I only have access for 2 hours. I never have that issue at Timothys. I just turn on my computer, and start working. And the seats are way more comfortable over at Timothys.
But I'm here now and I'm not going to let it ruin an otherwise beautiful day!
I have two quilting classes today. I decided to take the new class anyway, but I'm going to talk to Janice and tell her I don't want to make a whole quilt, I just want to make a table runner for my hall table upstairs. This will give me the opportunity to learn how to do the blocks, but still have a project that I can finish in a short period of time. I'm just not ready to take on a full size quilt yet and this will also be less expensive.
Tonight I have dinner with the Van Gaals. I loved last night. Brenda called me when they were on their way home . She had just gotten off the phone with Meghan, who was inquiring about their trip as she knew it was a snow day. She had gotten that information from my blog. I was so happy to learn that this is serving a purpose, other than just a place for me to rattle on and on. Yesterday morning I hadn't written anything as I left for work late. When I talked to Lloyd later in the morning, he mentioned that he hadn't read it yet. When I told him I hadn't written anything, he was genuinely disappointed. So, as it was a quiet day at work, I posted it from work.

Well, I must be off to see Janice and the girls at Island Fabrics!
Happy weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment