Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Belated Happy Birthday, Greg



Conditions at 6:00 - clear skies and 10*

Expected later - rain and 19*


Before I go blathering on, I need to wish my son-in-law Greg, a very happy birthday. He turned an undisclosed age on Saturday! I know he had a very busy weekend coaching at a ball tournament.
They had a bit of an unfortunate experience when one of the kids was swarmed by wasps when the nest was inadvertently disturbed. The poor little guy was stung at least 16 times and several people in the vicinity (including Patti) were also stung multiple times. Fortunately this little boy isn't allergic to bee stings, but he was taken to the hospital to be checked out as a precaution. Needless to say, at Greg's insistence, no one played at that particular field anymore during the tournament. It could have been a really horrible experience (which I'm sure it was for the boy involved) had he suffered from allergies.

Lloyd and Jim were up at 4:00 on Tuesday morning and were on the road by 4:25. After being up since 4:00 am, I was quite tired by the afternoon. Tuesday was a very busy day and I just made time for a quick break for lunch at 2:00. By the time I drove home at 5:30, I just wanted to lay down and take a nap. Of course, that changed a little when I actually got home, but my evening wasn't terribly productive, although I did cross a few little things off my list. Some of the tasks on it will have to wait for later in the week.

When I got home Patti called. James was anxious to ask if I'd started learning the guitar yet, as he just had his first guitar lesson. He seems very keen but we'll see how it goes when he gets into the tedious business of learning music. He's just renting a guitar for the first while to see if he actually likes it and really does practice.

Then I talked to Brenda. She had a very busy and tiring first day. She got home quite late last night from the rec centre. She said that Justin Trudeau was a huge hit, a great speaker and quite charismatic I think, from what she told me. He was quite approachable and willing to get photos taken with people. It sounds like it was a great night, and I'm sorry I missed it, but I'm glad I chose to stay home and spend the evening with Lloyd.

Our weather yesterday really felt like fall. Now this morning with 10* you know it's definitely September. But we can still have some really nice weather as we get later into the fall.

If the weather holds today, my chimney will get re-built today. If it rains, it will have to wait, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment