Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Here we go again.



Conditions at 6:30 am - cloudy and 12*
Expected later - showers and 18*

Once more I have no water. I put a load of laundry in the washer last night. I could hear the pump running but never paid it any mind until I realized that I didn't hear the washer running. It has stopped when water no longer flowed into it. Great!
So back down to the scary basement and turned off the switch. I called Raymond and he's going to come over tonight to look at it.

Later in the evening Brenda called and said "I hear you don't have water again". Boy news travels fast in this community! But it turns out she and Bernie were at Raymond's when I called.

I wasn't nearly as tired as I was on Monday. I think it just takes me a day to get back into the swing of things. At least I hope that's what it is. We'll see by the end of the week.

Got my first pay cheque yesterday, and just in time. Now I can do some groceries and pay some bills. I think it will be fine, even though it's less than the university. I'm still waiting on some money from my liquor store stints but I can put that to good use when it arrives as well. It's all good!

Not much else to report today. It's supposed to rain today again, (although they said that the past two days and they turned out quite nice). I doubt that much walking is going to get done this week, so I guess we'll just have to struggle across the bridge with what we have.
I received a nice cheque from friend Nancy in Rockwood, so thanks very much to all those who have so kindly donated.

I heard that Terry Fox's parents are supposed to be here on the island later this week but I don't know if they are going to still be here on Sunday. That would be very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment