Friday, September 24, 2010

What a great surprise from the Birthday boy!



Conditions at 6:00 - Bright full moon in a clear sky and 9*
Expected later -14* with a mix of sun and cloud turning to rain in the evening

Yesterday I was a bit late getting home and you can't begin to imagine my surprise and joy at seeing a new driveway. It is truly a thing of beauty.  I don't know if there is more work to be done as there is a large piece of yellow equipment parked in the driveway, but it is amazing. I have no idea what's been done but it looks great. It will be a huge improvement in the winter.  I called Brenda to see if she knew anything about it and she said she didn't, but Bernie probably did.

Speaking of Bernie, a huge Happy Birthday to you today.  It seems like I'm the one who got the surprise, not the birthday boy.  I don't know what they have planned for the weekend but hopefully something special, that they can celebrate both their birthdays together.



When I got home, I called Brenda but didn't get an answer. A few minutes later she called me, as she was on her way over here. It seems that Vanco Farms, who grow tulips out by the Trans Canada Highway, are planting acres of tulips just down the road. I didn't get out there last year but I did see photos, and the sight of all those lovely blooms is spectacular. First we had the Spirit Spring and now tulips. We could become a vacation destination here in our little corner of the island but we're not going to tell TOO many people.

Last night I booked my flight to Toronto on Thanksgiving weekend. I'll leave here at 6:20 and arrive in Toronto around 9:15. That should give Lloyd a chance to go home and have a nap and come back and pick me up later.  I fly back on Monday around 11:00 so I'll get home at a decent time and Lloyd will have half the day to do airport stuff.

I know the calendar tells me that fall is officially here, but I don't need it to tell me that. Last night was the first episode of the new season of Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice, so fall is really here. But Private Practice doesn't come on till 11:00 and that's way too late for me to stay up. I barely made it to the end of Gray's. I'll be really happy once my PVR is installed and I can watch those shows on the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment