Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We're ready for class # 2



 Conditions at 6:00 - rain and 13*
Expected later -22* and more rain

We're having such strange weather. This time yesterday morning it was 1* and then it got up to 16 and sunny in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day. They then predicted that we were to cool off overnight again but be up to 17* by morning. It hasn't quite made it that far but 13 is a far cry from 1. 

**********************************************************

Last night was spent getting ready for tonight's class (well, except for the time spent chatting with Lloyd on the phone and watching House).
I made a half recipe (the same amount I worked with on the weekend) and let it sit for half an hour but it wasn't ready to roll out. So I made another half recipe and decided that everyone is going to make their own half batch of dough and they can take it home with them to play with. Even if you don't have a pasta roller, it can be rolled out with a rolling pin and cut with a knife. It should be a fun, messy experience!
I looked for nice basil yesterday after work but couldn't find any, so instead I purchased a jar of ready made pesto. At least everyone can see what the texture is supposed to be like. I'll have another look this morning and see if I can find any but if not, I have the jar as a backup.
We're making a simple tomato sauce as well, and all recipes will be posted here tomorrow morning.

I think next week we'll do our beer can chicken and the crock pot stuffing so everyone has the recipe before Thanksgiving, in case they want to give it a try with turkey.

*********************************************************


This Wednesday there's a wine and cheese fund raiser at the Rec Centre for the playground equipment, so I called Agnes yesterday to see if they needed any help. I was going to go as a customer but that wouldn't be that much fun by myself but helping would be fine. So she called me back last night and said "I'll be honest with you, I never turn down help".  They have no idea how many to expect and I won't get there till at least 6:30 and it starts at 7:00 but at least I can help clean up after. She did mention that she was hoping that I can help on Saturday at the wedding and I assured her that I would be there.  I think Brenda said there's a wedding every Saturday in October.  It's going to be a busy month.  Of course I'll miss the long weekend as I'll be in Guelph.  Lloyd and I are going to have to think of something to do with the kids. I guess it will depend on the weather and everyone's schedules.

********************************************************

I finally got my shirts from the cleaning company that supplies the guys at work. So now I have a "uniform" - gray shirt and black pants.  It's wonderful, I get up in the morning and never have to give a seconds thought to what to wear to work. Now I always look neat and tidy and very professional and the best part is I don't need pantyhose! 


Well, I'd better go and load the car, get my lunch made and dry my hair and get off to work. Tuesdays are busy days indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment