Thursday, September 9, 2010

Progress is being made


Conditions at 6:30 am - overcast and 18*
Expected later - 20* and rain


In spite of the rain, Mark was able to get some work done on the chimney yesterday. It didn't start raining hard till after lunch, so he wasn't able to finish the job. It's supposed to rain again today and tomorrow but hopefully he'll be able to get back to it soon. It's a little warmer this morning, 18* but yesterday morning it was only 10* and it was chilly. It will soon be time to start lighting the stove from time to time. But maybe this is just a short lived cold spell - we could still get some really nice weather.

Last night I had supper at the Van Gaals and we went on line after and registered Brenda for the Terry Fox Run. We haven't walked as much as we know we should, but I think we'll be fine. We'll just take our time. But from the looks of the crowds in the past pictures, I don't think we'll be moving really fast anyway.

Tonight we're hoping to go over to Donagh school to look at the home economics room to see what we have to work with. We'll also need to come up with a plan of what we are actually going to do. (Notice I keep saying "WE"!!!). It will be great to have someone to bounce ideas off and keep me on track, and just to help me remember what I need to bring or do and give some input. I think it should be an interesting experience

I talked to Lloyd yesterday morning and he was at work. It seems they got back to Guelph around 10:30 on Tuesday night. I didn't talk to him last night but it looks like they had a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment