Friday, September 3, 2010

Congratulations Meghan!



Conditions at 7:00 - 19* and mix of sun and cloud
Expected later - 27* and sun - the calm before the storm

Short and sweet this morning as I slept in! It's so hot at night this week that sleeping is almost impossible.
I was crazy ab
out horses as a young girl and acquired my first horse at the age of ten. I didn't have the opportunity to ever take any lessons of any kind but I thoroughly enjoyed my years of being a horse owner. I did enter a couple of shows when I got older and my grand total of ribbons won was 2 (and I think they were 4th and 5th place :-(
.
Fast forward many, many years later and we have Meghan. She just turned 8 and she did remarkably well t
his summer at horse shows. She rides at a stable in Rockwood and took part in a summer series of horse shows every second week. Last night was her awards night and she was Reserve Champion , coming in 2nd place, for walk and trot, from a group of about 30 riders, I'm told. She was 4th overall for grooming, and everyone received an award for lead line. What a happy girl! I'm so proud of her. She's a very determined little girl. She might get frustrated as can be, as I found out when we went cross country skiing, but she won't give up till she gets it right. I'm not sure where she gets that from but I think she'll do well in life.

Her mom also sent a picture of her at the party after the awards and her mom's words were: "And once the awards were over, the party started! I think she'll be quite the party animal when she's older, must take after her grandma." Whatever could that mean???

It's Friday and Lloyd and Jim will be arriving this afternoon. Good thing the hurricane is waiting until tomorrow, as it could make the drive a little tricky. I have to work tomorrow so I'm very glad that he'll be here to monitor things during the storm.

The other great news is my counter top will also be arriving today - I can hardly wait. (It takes so little to make me happy!)





No comments:

Post a Comment