Friday, April 1, 2011

Great job, Chef Lloyd!



Conditions at 5:30 am: -2' and a little cloudy but stars still quite visible
Expected later: warming up to 4' and than, can you believe it?  They are predicting 10 to 15 cm of snow for tonight! That's just cruel (hopefully it's an April Fools joke). If it is, it's not funny and if it's not, it's even less amusing. After all, yesterday was such a gorgeous day and it looks like today may turn out not too bad either, at least for the most part.

Well, congrats to Lloyd on a job well done. A while ago I told you about the rave reviews he received for the dish he prepared for the annual potluck lunch. Well, click here to see the electronic company news letter.
http://team.greatgulfgroup.com/article.php?article=6I'm telling you, a lot of folks are really going to miss you when you move to the island. Oh well, Ontario's loss will surely be PEI's gain.

I stopped by the Van Gaal's on my way home as I wanted to ask Bernie something. Brenda was out and when I inquired into her whereabouts, it turns out she was gone into town to the East Coast Music Awards volunteer orientation. Apparently she is the only one of three of us with any useful skills (just kidding!). I applied first, then Brenda and then Caitlin. Brenda was first to receive confirmation that she would be helping with transportation. Then Caitlin received an email declining her application as there were no more spots. Then a few days later I received the same message as Caitlin.  Oh well, that's their loss! But, as I always say, everything happens for a reason.  After  I had completed the application and sent it, I then realized it was the same weekend that Lloyd and Tristen are going to be here. So it's actually a good thing for me. Volunteerism is a big thing here on the island so I guess the trick is to fill out the application as soon as it's received and not wait a few days. We are on the list of volunteers so we receive requests to volunteer for most things that are going on. Oh well, next time.

I stumbled upon this article about a video being used by Air New Zealand for their safety announcements. Something like this would certainlyensure that people actually watched those things - check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaTEgoezNQ

No comments:

Post a Comment