Friday, April 29, 2011


Conditions at 5:30: 15' and overcast
Expected later: 17' with showers in the morning and sun and cloud in the afternoon

Yesterday was a bit wet for part of the day but at least it was quite warm. It will be nice to see some sun this afternoon. It tried hard to burn through the clouds at times yesterday but never quite made it. Last night I let the dog out and it was windy but very warm. It was so nice to feel the mild temperatures finally.

I forgot to pick up the magazine I promised yesterday, so will try to remember to do that today so I can share the recipe I had a Brenda's.

Thursday's are usually fairly quiet and yesterday morning started out that way, but things picked up as the day went on. There were two fellow who left to take a car to Moncton to do a dealer trade and I guess they got to Crapaud when they realized they'd forgotten the dealer plate so I had to take one out to them. It had stopped raining and it was a lovely morning to go for a drive.  That took up a chunk of my morning. Hopefully today goes just a quickly.

I received an email from my friend Donna and she tells me there's a benefit in Mount Stewart in aid of Cathy Coffin on Saturday night. The family is hosting it as they've experienced considerable medical expenses with her two amputations. I may try to go for a little while but not for long as I need to get up really early on Sunday morning. It will also depend on how long we work on Saturday as I understand we're doing inventory.

The weaving is going well. I did a little bit last night. I had stopped by the Co-op on Queen Street to pick up some fruit and they had bags of ripe bananas on sale, so I bought some and made two banana nut loaves to put in the freezer. That will make a nice treat to put into my lunch. I had planned to do a couple of other things but I watched a couple of programs on TV and then sat and wove until time for bed. I'm on my third placemat. It seems like a slow process but I only do a little bit at a time.

Well, as you can tell, if you've managed to read this far, there is really nothing going on right now and things are pretty boring, so I will go for now and report back on Monday.
Oh, I almost forgot (and how could you?) today is the big wedding day. What on earth are all the entertainment shows going to talk about next week? I suppose the actual wedding will be rehashed for the next little while. I have to admit, I am taping it to watch at a later time.





No comments:

Post a Comment