Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He didn't forget


Conditions at 5:30 am: light cloud and 8'
Expected later: rain and 8'

Yesterday morning before I left for work, I decided it would be a good time to take Cooper out with his collar on and review the procedure for avoiding the invisible fence. I assumed I would have to go through the whole training process again. Was I wrong. I had him on his leash and we started walking around the yard. The second he heard the beep he backed right off. So apparently no refresher course was needed. After work last night I was puttering around outside and he was quite content to stay within the boundaries. So that's a great thing. He's been let out now several times on his own and the results have been successful! Good boy, Cooper!

I must say a big Thank You to Patti and James for the hooded sweatshirt that they sent me. It's got a logo on the front from the Speedskating competition he was in a while back in London (the one that I watched online). On the back is listed all the names of the skaters, including our young Mr. Dennison. However in MUCH bigger letters is my name - Old Grandma.  Now you might think that's rather rude, but in actual fact, it relates to a story from when he was about 2 years old. They had been at my house visiting and were heading to Greg's moms. He asked where they were going and Patti said to grandma's. He said, we were already at grandma's and she said they were going to a different Grandma's. In his little mind they were going to a new grandma's house and were at an old grandma's house. So it has nothing to do with age but the funny thing is, for a long time after, to keep us straight I suppose, he called me Oldgrandma. When ever he wanted to ask me something he would start his question with "Oldgrandma..." and that was my name for quite some time. Now that  he's older he's able to see the humour in it.

Sharing The Globe Burger
While we were out on the weekend at the Globe, we had the opportunity to sample their burger. It was tasty enough, but I expected something a little more unique from a restaurant that promotes "world flavours".
Unfortunately Lloyd ran out of time and wasn't able to sample any more burgers before he left, much to his disappointment.
Speaking of Lloyd, I haven't been able to get hold of him since he left. I suspect it's just poor timing and I know he would have been very busy yesterday. My only other thought was that maybe he lost his phone somewhere between here and Toronto. But I'm sure it's nothing that exciting. I know they made it home because I talked to Patti after Tristen got home. He'll turn up eventually!

Yesterday morning when I arrived at work I saw another sure sign of spring - dandelions outside my window! Now I know spring is here to stay for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment