Thursday, April 21, 2011

It could have been worse



Conditions at 5:30: 0' and overcast
Expected later: 6' and showers

Well, it's a different picture this morning. Fortunately we didn't get the accumulation they were predicting, just a couple of cms. but it's topped with a good coating of ice. The drive in to work should be interesting, being as I had my winter tires taken off last week - as did a lot of Honda customers. Hopefully most of it will be gone by the end of the day.

Yesterday Lloyd and Bernie had my new mini barn moved and put into place in my yard. Now I have a storage space of my own, for all my 'stuff'.  It was here when I got home yesterday mid afternoon. I had stopped at the store on my way home and picked up some Easter stuff, as I hadn't done that yet as well as a few things at the grocery store. When I did arrive home there was no one here. I assumed Lloyd was at Bernie's and I was right. They were working on Bernie's printer and apparently the second attempt to fix it went well.

Lloyd had a nap when they got back and Tristen and I baked some cookies. We made some sugar cookies with icing on them and topped with sprinkles, in egg and bunny shapes. He's planning to take some of them home, so they are all sitting on a rack on the counter so the icing can set before we put them into a container for transport. That pretty much filled up our afternoon before we had supper as well as the early evening.

I'm not sure what the plan is for today but I know we will have to re-evaluate the 'list' as there is no way everything on it will get done this trip, but that's okay, I really didn't expect it would. The time always goes so quickly when he's here, and a sick day, as well as a snow day, can seriously cut into your available time when you only have a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment