Friday, April 15, 2011

Point taken!


Conditions at 5:30: 1' and overcast (it was supposed to go to -5')
Expected later: -2' and maybe some flurries, maybe some sun, who knows!

Yesterday morning I told you about the fire trucks etc. the night before. When I went to work in the morning I took a drive by and indeed, a house had been destroyed by fire. What I didn't know, is that it was my responsibility to contact Brenda as soon as I saw the trucks so that she could find out what happened. My apologies! I'll be sure not to drop the ball next time something like that happens. I don't know who lives there but I'm sure Brenda probably does. Not a nice situation for them, whoever they are.

My cold is still hanging in there and last night I took some cold medication and went to bed at 9:00. I was rudely awakened at 9:45 by the phone. Lloyd was calling to tell me the flight they were booked on is now oversold so they probably won't be able to get on that one. He was trying to get hold of Greg to see if he could pick Tristen up earlier so they can try to go through Ottawa but it's an earlier flight. He wasn't getting any answer so he was looking for Greg's cell phone number. I went back to bed so have no idea what the plan is for this morning but I'm sure I'l find out soon enough. Hopefully they make it today.

I have a list of things for Lloyd to do while he's here, but I haven't shared it with him for fear he might change his mind and stay home!  They're mostly little jobs but there's quite a few of them.

He did manage to pick up the parts I needed at the weaving place so I will be able to get started on the loom. I'm looking forward to actually getting going with my project. I talked to Linda at the Mini Mills yesterday and she says they will be around on Good Friday so I think we'll go out that day. It will work well as that's the only day that Darlene can take Cooper for his grooming so we can drop him off on our way to Belfast then pick him up on the way back. I love it when a plan comes together. Other than that, there are no plans for the coming week except for the benefit on Sunday and the Globe NEXT Saturday. I had my weekends mixed up.

I'm cutting it short this morning so I can get something ready for supper tonight. I've got a small pork roast ready to put into the slow cooker. It will be falling apart tender when I get home and I'll shred it with a fork then mix it with some BBQ sauce, and voila- BBQ pulled pork on a bun! How's that for quick and easy - not to mention mighty tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Apology accepted. We all learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good week with Lloyd and Tristen!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete