Tuesday, August 30, 2011

All is well out here on the hill


 


Conditions at 6:00 am: 15' and clear
Expected later: 22' and sunny with maybe a few clouds

Yesterday morning it was VERY windy when I left and I had doubts about what would be left standing when I returned home. They predicted the winds would peak at noon and then start to diminish. They didn't really start to diminish until much later in the day in spite of sunshine and warm temperatures. I watched the trees across the road at work all day and the wind just never let up. I called Lloyd, for moral support I suppose, on my way home and he was still on the phone when I got home. Fortunately everything was fine. I really was astonished because I fully expected the two shelters to either be completely gone or at the very least mangled. It got quieter as the evening went on and by the time I went to bed there was no wind, the sky was full of stars and all was well with the world, as it remains this morning with a beautiful sun rise over the river. As the saying goes - what a difference a day can make.

Well done boys!
The Dennison family was busy the entire weekend at a ball tournament in Stratford and it was a huge success. I received an email yesterday from Patti with this caption and photo:

Wow, what a weekend! We are happy to report that the Guelph royals are the Intercounty league champions! They had to win 5 games in 4 days, including beating hamilton twice and brantford once, both teams having only lost 3 games all season. It was very exciting, and the boys played incredibly, with James stealing home base to score the winning run in the final game. I think we finally did him in, though, because he hasn't been able to get out of bed since!








Well done James and team and I know the hard working coaches are especially proud! Congrats to Greg as well.


Okay, I'm cutting it short this morning because I slept in and have to go and get ready for work!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats James! Must have been those muscle building macarons you had when in PEI!

    ReplyDelete