Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer continues...



Conditions at 5:30 am: a few clouds and 17'
Expected later: 24' and sunshine

This is the longest stretch of warm, sunny weather we've enjoyed all summer.  Everyone you talk to says it's about time that summer arrived. Maybe our fall will make up a not so great summer. Last night I took advantage of the nice weather once again to finish cutting the grass. I just have the trimming left to do but that sometimes ends up not getting all done. Tonight and tomorrow I will focus on stacking wood. No more excuses - it has to get done. But of course some nice weather is helping although it is supposed to rain on Friday. Perhaps a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon might work before I head over to the rec centre.

The search for James' elusive yellow crocs may be over. I went to Source for Sports yesterday at lunch but they didn't have his size in yellow so they called down to Peakes Quay to the Flip Flop Shop (which I assume must be theirs) and they said they had some. When I got there they had set aside a toddler pair. I explained that wasn't what I was looking for but at the size we need, the sizing gets a little different. I found a pair that Patti thinks might fit so I bought them and I'll put them in the courier today. Worst case scenario, if they're too small for him they will eventually fit one of the other two.

Remember a couple of weeks ago I mentioned I had signed up for the trip to England next June? You can submit your name to let them know you're interested but you don't actually pay yet and it can be paid in installments. Anyway there is a $750 single supplement so when I submitted my name, I asked if there was any way to match up singles that were interested in perhaps sharing with someone else. Well, I received a reply that they would try. Then a few days later I received another email with an address for a gal in
Arkansas who was also looking for someone to share with. So yesterday I sent her  an email and got a response back right away.  She sounds like she could be a lot of fun, and on the surface we have a lot in common. So we'll continue to correspond and see if it might work out. What a great 60th birthday present to myself this could be. Most of my family and friends don't understand (what am I talking about - NONE of them understand!) but Carol totally gets it!  But in all fairness even though my friends don't understand it, they are still tolerant - thank you dear friends, for that.

Before I went to bed last night they had tornado warnings for Toronto and London areas but I haven't seen any news on it yet this morning. Hopefully nothing came of it. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment