Wednesday, August 3, 2011


Conditions at 5:20 am: 16' and overcast - the weather network says showers but there are none here yet
Expected later: light rain for most of the day and 119'

I'm always amazed at how drastically different the weather can be in different spots on such a small island. Last night after work, I went to the mall to have mail nails re-done. After that I walked around a bit and checked out some of the sales. I was totally surprised when I went out to the car to realize that it was 7:30. I hadn't really rushed as I had left the dog outside for the day so I knew he would be fine. I could hear thunder inside the mall and when I did go outside, it was pouring rain and lots of thunder and lightening. I drove up the St. Peter's highway in the rain and when I turned at Mount Stewart, it stopped and as I turned into town I noticed it hadn't rained at all but I assumed it would be coming soon. When I got home everything was bone dry but it was quite windy. Shortly after getting home we lot power for a few seconds but then it came right back on - just enough to mess up all the digital clocks! But it never did rain, at least not at my house. Now this morning it's still dry outside although the winds are quite gusty.

Cooper and I are getting settled back into our normal routine that gets a little disrupted when we have company. It's definitely going to take some adjusting on both our parts when Lloyd gets here to stay.

I had a chat with Patti yesterday as she returned from Dublin.  She highly recommended it. She says it was kind of like a combination of Liverpool meets Newfoundland. When I mentioned that I hadn't yet been to Liverpool, she was quite surprised. She was sure I'd made that trek, as it's definitely on my to-do list but alas, that one has not happened as yet. So she suggested just imagine a smaller London mixed with Newfoundland. It sounds like a place we need to visit. I did mention to her that there is a trip planned by my favorite Beatles website next year in honour of Sir Paul's 70th birthday. It coincides with the date in June (the 18th) and takes you from Liverpool, where you stay at a famous Beatles themed hotel for two nights and tour the sights there and then continue on down to London for more Beatles related touring. I'm thinking about it but I will really have to start saving my pennies for that one. (Maybe I should look for a part time job). Check it out - this would be awesome for any fan of my favorite group


Macca Birthday Celebration Tour

Meghan (1) called last night and we chatted about when might be a good time to get together to try our hand at Macarons. She has a pretty tight schedule this week and next but we think we can fit it in while James is here. I'm sure he won't mind watching us bake cookies from France! Hopefully one day he and I will get to search for them in Paris - that would be such fun - to find the same cookies we made here on PEI - in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment