Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here we go again...






Conditions at 4:50 am: 17' with a few scattered clouds
Expected later: 20' and sunny

As I write this, it is almost 5:00 am. Thank goodness for my internal alarm clock because at some point in the night the power went off. I was kind of awake when I heard the printer turn on and I looked at the clock and it was flashing. When I came downstairs it was 4:50. I let the dog out and he was out for about 3 minutes when he wanted back in. Trouble is he came racing in the door, straight past me and up the stairs and began rolling on the  bed and rubbing his face on the blanket. Unfortunately for me I have a very poor sense of smell  but I could smell a faint scent of skunk so he probably reeks.

Now that he's been inside for a few minutes he definitely smells. Guess he'll be staying outside today and I'll pick up the stuff I need for his bath today. It worked well last time, so it should work again.

Well, all the travelers finally made it home. Reading about the devastating weather they've had in parts of Ontario, it's no wonder there were flight delays on Sunday. Meghan (1) finally made it back to Toronto on Sunday and Patti and James eventually made it to Toronto on Monday, approximately 9 or so hours after I dropped them off at the airport in Charlottetown. But better late than never I suppose.

What a heavy news day yesterday - I was at my desk reading online reports about the tornado damage in Goderich when one of the salesmen came by to tell me that Jack Layton had died. I have to admit I spent a large part of the day reading news stories online.  I always find it interesting to read the comments that people leave on the websites after each news story. Some people out there are unbelievably cruel and uncaring - not many, but a few.

I couldn't believe the devastating images of Goderich that I saw on the news last night. I barely recognized a town square that I've walked around several times when Stephan and Trish lived in the area. I can't imagine what that experience must possibly be like. I hope I never find out. Brenda and I were talking about it last night when she came over for a glass of wine. I had finished some cleaning up and had just sat myself down with a gin and tonic when she came in. Perfect timing!

Before I forget, I must say thanks to Patti and James for the beautiful silver Celtic Knot necklace they gave me before they left. Patti bought it a few weeks ago when she was in Dublin. It's really pretty and I love it - thanks guys!. Well today's post is pretty short compared to yesterdays so you can have a rest today. Besides I need to go back and see what I need to buy to get rid of the smell because it's pretty strong now - and if I can smell it, it must be REALLY bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment