Tuesday, August 2, 2011

...and another visit comes to an end...

 


Conditions at 5:35 at Charlottetown Airport: 15' and  a few clouds
Expected later: 23' with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon

Once again I am at the airport killing time waiting for time to go to work. Lloyd has his secured seat on the plane and is waiting in security to load (much to his disappointment- he was kind of hoping it might be too full).
Yesterday he got his seat put back together on his bike and it looks great. The lady in Ontario who did it for him did a really nice job. Then he came into town and we went for lunch. He had to take the car to get the trailer hitch installed so he walked over to the mall from Uhaul and went to a movie as it was going to take 2 hours for the installation. When the movie was over and the car was done he still had another  1 1/2 hours to wait for me so he wandered around Canadian Tire for a while.

On our way home, we stopped at VanGaals to drop off Brenda's phone from the day before and Lloyd was seeking Bernie's advise on how to get the mirror apart on his bike. Bernie had a suggestion and I'm pleased to report that his idea worked, and Lloyd was able to fix it and it is now back on the bike.  Thanks Bernie - your idea worked!

When we got home, neither of us was hungry so we just puttered around outside. Richard had called and left a message so Lloyd popped over there for a quick visit before he left while I worked on getting some of the weeds out of my flower bed - a task that has been sadly overlooked. But it was a nice evening and when I got tired of doing that I poured myself a glass of wine and sat out reading my book. When Lloyd got home he joined me in a glass of wine and we sat outside until 10:00. It was one of the first evenings we've been able to do that all summer long. We had planned to have supper when he got back from the Andersons but neither of us was hungry so we ended up not having anything. But that's not a bad thing - as we both ate way too much over the weekend.

Yesterday morning I took my flowers to work. Everyone who saw them had a comment to make about how beautiful they were. The sunflowers make such a bold statement, especially in a large arrangement like this, and I'm really enjoying having them to look at all day long.

This morning I should also say welcome home to Meghan(1) who is on holidays for 3 weeks and is here in between two weddings. It's going to be a very busy time for her this trip.

Well, it's now almost 6:00 so Timothy's should be open so I think I'll wander on down there and have a coffee and read the paper before I head to work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the welcome Sandy! Very happy to be home! We will have to chat soon about when to get together and do some baking... I hear you are away a day this weekend and I believe Dad and I will be back from biking by next Saturday (13th) so perhaps on the 14th if you aren't too busy with your company but I'm sure we can work something out.
    Talk soon,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete