Friday, August 26, 2011

It's a little windy but everything is still standing...



Conditions at 5:30 am: light rain and 20'
Expected later: 24' and sunshine later in the day

Good thing the sun is going to shine later as  I didn't get any wood done last night at all. I stopped at Brenda's on my way home, as I was invited for pizza, and then had an appointment with Charmaine, my hair dresser at 7:00 so the rest of the evening was pretty much done when I got home. But it's not going to rain ALL day today, it's going to be done before I get home, and Brenda and Bernie are going away today so I won't have anyone to play with, so I'll gave no excuse.

It was quite windy last night so I closed up the white shelter with the wood inside, so it wouldn't blow away. Hopefully they will both be there in a few days if the hurricane (that might be headed in this direction) gives us some weather issues. Of course I wouldn't expect they would survive a full blown hurricane but if it's just the wind and rain, I might be okay. Time will tell.

I received an email from our friends Judi and Gail last night. Gail golfs in the Royal Canadian Senior Ladies Golf Championship and came in 4th this year. She finished 4th last year as well which is quite an accomplishment as it features the best amateur golfers over 50, in the country. Congratulations Gail.  Last year it was in Vancouver, I don't know where it was held this year, but there's a rumour floating around that it may be on PEI next year. That would be awesome. Then the two of them would be able to visit. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the rumor mill is accurate.




I got this really cute photo from Patti last night. They were on their way home from a ball game in Stratford and the caption read "I guess we know who Meadow really belongs to"



No comments:

Post a Comment