Tuesday, August 9, 2011





Conditions at 5:30 am: 17' and overcast
Expected later: 19' and overcast

The good news it's not raining right now. We are supposed to get more this morning but stop by this afternoon. I don't know how much we got yesterday but it just never let up all day. When I was on my way home, I gave serious consideration to lighting a fire in the wood stove but it wasn't really that cold, just damp. I don't know of Meghan(1), Brenda and Bernie headed out yesterday or not. I'll call Brenda tonight and see. She was planning to go with them the first day and stay over and then head back. If she did go, at least she'll have better weather for getting back.

I was talking to Patti last night and James can't make it now until Sunday as he as a ball tournament on Saturday. Depending on how they do, he'll either be here on Sunday morning or Sunday later in the day. Unfortunately he'll miss some fun stuff on Saturday but we'll just make the best of the time we will have. He sounds pretty excited about coming. I talked to all three of them last night and Meghan(2) made sure to tell me that it was her turn next to come out here by herself. I told her she'll have to talk to her mom about that and when it can be arranged. I was hoping James would be here to help at the Rec Centre on Saturday but it's okay because there's another wedding next Saturday so the two of us can go to that one. I think he'll enjoy that because there are lots of kids that come out to help with setting up and clearing the tables after the meal. It will be a good experience for him to help with a real function, not just pretending at home. It will also be good for him to meet some of the kids in the area. He's such a friendly boy, I think he'll have fun.

I'm pleased to report that my sunflower plants in my front flower bed have now grown tall enough that they are peeking into the kitchen window. One of the flowers is actually blooming. They aren't as tall or as big as the ones Bernie grew last year. I don't know if that's because they don't get as much sun or because they are a different variety but I'm really pleased to see them blooming. The others won't be far behind as the flowers are forming.
Not much to report this morning. It was such a depressing, rainy day, I just made myself some supper and curled up on the couch with the dog and watched TV all night. The good news is I've lost almost  9 pounds by counting calories. It's hard to believe after what I ate on Sunday but I'm down a little bit again this morning. Just the boost I need to keep me sticking to it.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on the bloom Momma! We held off on our trip and are leaving this morning and I will be back on Wednesday. Are you interested in going to Lorne Valley This week. Caitlin wants to go so she only has a couple of weeks left. Check with Donna to see if she is going. I will call when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete