Thursday, August 4, 2011

I had good intentions..



Conditions at 5:15 am: Partly cloudy and 16'
Expected later: showers and 19'

Well, I had every intention of working on some wood last night and cutting some grass. But then I stopped at  Brenda's on the way home and she invited me to join her, her aunt Ange and Bernie for supper. We went to the Cape Light restaurant in Cardigan overlooking the river. Brenda and I were there earlier in the season on our bikes one Sunday. We had a lovely dinner and were treated by Ange. That was an unexpected surprise so thank you very much. A lovely time was had by all, and I always learn lots of historical information from her. She has so many stories and I have no idea how she remembers so many people and places and events - she's quite a remarkable lady.

Congratulatons, Meghan!
I received an email yesterday from Patti. It appears that Meghan(2) was in a horse show yesterday and once again did very well with one first place ribbon and 2 thirds. Well done, Meg!  These children are soon going to need a separate trophy room for all their winnings! But I'm glad to see she enjoys it so much.  I had horses all while I was growing up and I loved it. Of course I wasn't nearly as successful as she's been having only been in two competitions in my life. But it was the riding I really enjoyed. I remember one place we lived whereI had my horse and there was a girl across the road who also had a horse and when we got to know each other, we would often head out on a summer morning, with our packed lunches and just ride for the day. In those days fields weren't fenced and as long as you stayed out of the cropped ones, you could pretty much ride wherever you wanted to. It's one of my fondest memories of being young.

Cooper appears to be on the mend. His tummy seems to have been upset for the past few days. He had an accident in the house on Monday and yesterday morning he came in after I let him out and just went straight upstairs and back to bed. When I went up to get dressed he didn't move, and when I gave him his breakfast, he just sniffed at it and went back upstairs. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got home last night but everything was fine, although he still hadn't eaten his food. I let him out for a few minutes before I went to the restaurant but he still didn't eat until after I got home around 8:30. But this morning he's back to his usual bouncy, crazy self and as we speak, he's wolfing down his food. All is well with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment