Friday, August 12, 2011

It worked!




Conditions at 5:10 am: 16' and patchy cloud cover
Expected later: 22' and a mix of sun and cloud

Finally a nice day again.
Well, my plan worked. Cheryl did see my message yesterday and she emailed Lianne, who called me on my cell. Thank you, internet! So, they were on their way into Charlottetown yesterday and they stopped by the dealership. I gave them directions and they are coming on Saturday when I get home from work. It was so nice to see Lianne, whom I haven't seen in a very long time. He two kids are 9  and 6 so we determined that she and Patti were both pregnant at the same time with both of them. Kind of freaky! But it was really great to chat for a few minutes and I'm looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. Depending on how long they stay, I may not make it to the Rec Centre in time to serve but I can at least help clean up. Not to worry though, I'll be able to help next Saturday when Brenda is away.

A really funny thing happened at work yesterday. I didn't know it but two of the bosses were away at a company golf tournament yesterday. Kurt called me around 3 30 asking if I could find out where and how to get some lobster for one of the guests who was flying back to Toronto in a hours time. So I made some calls and arranged for the cooked lobster to be picked up and brought back to the dealership. I knew who was coming but the others downstairs didn't. It was so funny because one of the salesmen was standing at my desk chatting and this vehicle pulls up in front of the door. Two guys got out, and Paul turned around and looked and me and said "Oh my god, it's the president of Toyota Canada!". I just calmly looked at him and said "I know, I have something for him". The two men came in, looked around a bit, picked up the lobster and left, headed for the airport. But the look on Paul's face when they pulled up was priceless.

You know you're having a bad day when....
Yesterday morning, a customer came in to pick up his vehicle from the service department. Apparently some time ago he was towing it behind a motor home or something like that but it wasn't being done properly and he ruined the transmission as well as some other components. Because it was through his own negligence, he was saddled with the entire repair bill, which was in the neighbourhood of $6,000.  So, yesterday morning the vehicle is finally ready and he comes in and picks it up. He leaves the lot and turns out onto Mount Edward road heading south, right in front of  a) the Mazda dealer and b) our front windows. He's stopped behind some traffic, and more specifically an oil delivery truck. Well, doesn't the truck back up and back right into the front of this fellow car and smash it all in. The poor guy could see it backing up and heard the beeping as it was doing so but he didn't even have time to put the car into reverse before he got hit. It did a huge amount of damage to his vehicle and needless to say he was not impressed. Not a great way to start your day!

Speaking of starting your day, I'm off now to get ready for work as I'm leaving early this morning to meet Brenda at Timothy's for coffee. She has an appointment in town this morning so we might as well make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment