Friday, September 9, 2011

All is well - my sweetie is home.



Conditions at 5:15 am: 15' and starry skies
Expected later: sun and cloud and 21'

It's a really strange morning. When I let the dog outside the sky was filled with bright stars but everything is sopping wet like it has just rained - how can that be? Don't you need clouds for rain???
As I write this, the dog has gone back upstairs to bed, ever so glad to have someone to snuggle up to when he comes back in and really isn't ready to stay up for the day. What a lazy bones. And I really mean that. One day last week he wasn't at the door when I left for work. Our usual routine is I give him a dog biscuit as I'm leaving. This particular day he was upstairs so I left the cookie on the floor in front of the back door so he'd find it when he came downstairs. Much to my surprise it was still there when I got home from work. The little brat apparently stays upstairs sleeping all day long. What a tough life the poor thing leads. I needn't feel bad for him stuck inside and wanting to get out. Apparently he's adjusted quite well to my schedule.

Lloyd changed his flight yesterday and came in through Montreal, getting him here at 5:15 which was a nice surprise. I just left work at my usual time, drove to the airport and the flight had just landed. How perfect was that. After picking up his suitcase, we went downtown and took a walk down Victoria Row to decide where to eat. We ended up picking the Globe. Several of the other restaurants in the area had Fall Flavours 3 course menus but the Globe didn't. But the waitress went and asked the chef to put one together for us and it was really nice but in retrospect, way too much food. We've both been really watching our eating for a while and  to sit down and eat three courses (and large servings) was really the wrong thing to do, even though it was all delicious. The first course was a lobster bruschetta with goat cheese that was divine. Our main course was Pan seared Halibut with pineapple cream sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. The fish was a little overcooked for our preference but it was tasty and there was way too much potatoes (not that I didn't eat them all) and the veggies were perfect. We had our choice of desserts from the menu so Lloyd had the turtle cheesecake and I had the creme brulee. We both ate way too much and agreed today will be a better day.
This morning he's planning to drive me to work and pick up groceries on the way back home, stop in to see Richard and then go over and assist Bernie with something he's working on.

Brenda's cold is sounding a little better and she says she's feeling better although she's not quite over it yet. But she says she's much better than she was on Wednesday night.

Saturday is our Fall Flavours event with Mark McEwen. I have to remember to take the picture I had taken with him and Sash several years ago in Toronto and get him to sign it for me. ( I really do need to get a life!).
Hopefully the weather will be nice on Sunday. Saturday is meant to be a bit chillier but Sunday should be nicer. But, if it's not, I'm sure we'll find something to do to keep us busy - there are so many things going on here that the hard part is deciding which events to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment