Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A change in tactic



Conditions at 6:30 am: clear and 9'
Expected later: sun and cloud and 18'

I've decided I'll try updating my blog during the day so that I can maybe sleep in a little later in the morning. We'll see how it goes, but I won't publish it till the next morning so it won't interfere with anyone's morning routine, just the timing may be a little different.

It was a rainy first day back to school for all the kids and bus driver Brenda. I'm sure her first few weeks will go much smoother than they did last year!

As I write this I am almost finished my day at Toyota. Monday's are usually crazy busy days. Today was no exception - (being a Tuesday after the long weekend it felt like a Monday).  I had a lovely chat with a couple from London, Ontario who had brought their car in for service. When I told them I had moved here from Guelph, he questioned why anyone would move from Guelph to PEI? I pointed out that he came here on vacation instead of going to Guelph! They asked me a few questions about life here and by the time they left they were contemplating moving to the island.  Guess the obvious just escapes some people at first glance.


******************************
On the weekend I was reading an article in the newspaper reviewing a restaurant up west somewhere. What caught my eye was the mention that the person being interviewed was wearing a badge with the following on it:

I wasn't born on PEI
but I got here
as soon as I could!

I loved that sentiment!

 *******************************
Now it's Wednesday morning and it's a lovely clear morning, although a chilly one. Not sure how this two part  blogging will go - it seems a little disjointed. It will be hard to tell how things will go until I actually start my part time job. It will definitely mean a few changes to my usual routine but I'll give it my best shot.
I had orientation last night from 5:30 to 8:30, getting me home a little after  9:15. By the time I had let the dog out, and got organized, I checked messages and saw that I had missed a call from Brenda. I didn't call her back because it was late and I thought she probably had a busy and somewhat stressful first day until she gets the hang of the new route and the kids. So I'll talk to her later this morning.
I have to touch base with the front end manager at the store today at lunch and let her know that I can't start until the 20th. There's just too much going on over the next week and with Lloyd here, I don't want to interfere with that time anymore than my full time job already will. Hopefully that will be okay.

Just checked my email and Lloyd sent me this picture of the kids at his BBQ on Monday. Needless to say, James is a very happy little boy dreaming of piloting a plane on his own one day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment