Friday, September 2, 2011


 


Conditions at 5:15 am: 12' and lots of stars in the sky
Expected later: a sunny 21'

My apologies but it's another slow news day today. I guess the only thing I haven't yet reported on is that I found a part time job. I will be doing a couple of evenings at the Superstore as a cashier. I'd much prefer to work in the bakery but I was told once I'm there then I can apply for anything that comes up within the store. It only pays minimum wage but it will give me an opportunity to save up some money for the trip I want to take next year. I went there one day last week and there was a sign inside the door "Looking for a part time job?" and, as a matter of fact, I was. So I filled out the application and the rest, as they say, is history. The good part of it was on the application you filled in precisely what hours you're  available each day of the week so, of course, I had to make sure I indicated that I wasn't available on Tuesday's until after Christmas.

Which brings me to the next item - Community School. We start on the 20th of September. That night is registration and our first class so I'd better get my act together and start planning. I talked to Eleanor last night about it and told her that Brenda and I had discussed it and decided we can take 8 students this year. We'll see how that goes. I'm a little nervous about it but at least now we know what to expect.  I'm also done work a little earlier now, so that will be a big help to getting there early enough to get set up and organized before everyone arrives. We have no idea who will register this year, or if any of the students we had last year will return, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I didn't do anything at all last night. I had made an appointment to get my nails done right after work but when I got there, they had double booked so I had to wait about half an hour for my turn. I just wandered around the mall for a bit, something I don't usually do. Then by the time my nails were done and I got home, it was around 7:30 so not much sense in working outside by then. Instead I made some supper and watched some TV, and then talked to Lloyd for a little bit. He has a big weekend planned. He's doing a pig roast (well, part of a pig) at the airport on Monday. It sounds like there will be quite a few people there including Patti and her family so I'm sorry I'll miss it. It will just have to be a tradition that continues when he gets here.

Tonight I'm going to stop by the Van Gaals on my way home from work and see if I can help with the painting. It's going to be another nice day and I know they lost some of the day yesterday as Brenda drove Caitlin to Moncton to catch the train to London. Hopefully I can be a little bit of help. They are always helping me with something so I'd love the chance to help them for once. Besides, painting is way more fun than stacking wood.




No comments:

Post a Comment