Monday, September 26, 2011

A belated birthday greeting to Bernie


 


Conditions at 5:45 am: clear, starry skies and 17'
Expected later: 19' and a mix of sun and cloud

Well, Saturday was Bernie's birthday and he was rewarded with a moose. He and James finally got what they went to Newfoundland for, on their last full day there. Needless to say they were a couple of happy campers. They should be back sometime this afternoon so I'll hear all about it later in the week.

What a glorious day yesterday!
Our great weekend got started on Friday night when I met Brenda for pizza at Famous Peppers which has re-located from Cardigan to Charlottetown. There was an article in the paper about it and apparently it worked because the place was constantly busy. There are only 4 or 5 small tables inside so it's not really a place to go and sit inside and eat but we did anyway. Almost the entire time there was a line up of people there to pick up pizzas. The pizza we ordered was not tomato based so we can't comment on the majority of their pies but ours was quite good and the crust - was divine. We will definitely go back. I did read on their website that they plan to re-open again in Cardigan in 2012 so I'm sure the folks there will be pleased about that.

Saturday was a work day and on my way home I stopped in to visit with Jens and Linda and they dug up some herb plants for me to take home. By the time I got home, it was time to go to the Rec Centre for a wedding. But it was a smaller wedding - only about 100 people so we were done before 9:00.  When I got home I started in to watch Season 5 of Dexter, which I had missed last year. I found the complete season at the video store in town so rented it for the weekend. Needless to say I did spend quite a bit of time sitting in front of the TV on the weekend but in the end I got it all done.

Sunday didn't look too promising when I first got up but it quickly improved. Brenda and I called each other - literally- at the same time. I picked up my phone to call her, dialed her number and she said hello before it rang. She was calling me at the exact same time. So we decided to head to town to Farm Day in the City and then decide from there. Well, by the time we got into town it was very warm and really sunny - a perfect day. After touring the market and then stopping for some Dutch treats on Victoria Row we met up with Mireille. From there we headed east towards Cardigan, and then on from there. We drove miles and miles on deserted winding roads and it was absolutely perfect. We eventually ended up in Fortune where we enjoyed something to eat at the Sheltered Harbour Cafe. When we finally left there, we weren't quite ready to go home just yet, so we detoured off the highway at Bedford and toured across through the National Park before heading into town via Brackley Road. By the time we stopped in town for gas, it was 5:38 pm - we'd been on the road a long time but what a glorious day. By this time we were pretty tired so we headed home. I have to say I spent the remainder of the evening with Dexter but I'm happy to say I have my life back - I finished watching them all. Tonight I will collect all my stuff for this weeks cooking class. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment