Thursday, September 8, 2011

Not again!



Conditions at 6:00 am: 14' and light sprinkles of rain
Expected later: clearing and 19'

I'm beginning to really dislike this time of year. I let the dog out this morning and within minutes I could smell skunk all through the house, even though he was outside. I don't think he got sprayed directly but obviously one sprayed very close to the house because the whole place smells. Needless to say, Cooper won't be in the house today. I'll see how things are when I get home tonight. I think for now on, at least in the morning when it's still dark, I'd be best to keep him tied up outside when he first goes out, once I've determined there are no visitors near the house, of course.

I stopped by the grocery store last night and they start training on Monday evening. So I told them I won't be able to start until the 20th, so I'll have to wait for the next training session before I can start. There's little point in Lloyd being here if I'm working day and night the whole time. So it may delay my start a bit but that's okay.

Not much new today other than Lloyd arrives tonight. His flight gets in at 6:00 tonight so we may just have something to eat in town before we come home. I'll also pick up some peroxide in case we need it to bathe the mutt!

I talked to Bernie last night and Brenda has caught the cold that Ethan had on the weekend. She thought she might be coming down with it when we were at the Rec Centre on Monday evening. Not a great way to start her first week of school. Hopefully it will be better by Sunday so it doesn't interfere with any fun stuff we might be able to do if the weather cooperates. Get well soon, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment