Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Well, we're off to a good start


 


Conditions at 6:00 am: (yes, I slept in) 14' and clear
Expected later: 21' and sunny!

What a glorious day we had yesterday and today looks to be even better. This weather is wonderful for the farmers who are working to get the crops in. Let's face it, it's wonderful for everybody.

We had our first cooking class last night and it's going to be a busy year. We had agreed to increase the numbers from 6 to 8 but somehow it made it to 10. Well, actually we agreed at the last minute to let it increase because there were 2 people on a waiting list and we hated to disappoint anyone. So it will be very busy but we'll try our best to make it work. We have all our students from last year plus 4 new ones. I guess they enjoyed it last year. The only trouble is we can't do the same things we did last year, although a couple of things may get repeated for the new people and those who missed some things last year. It will be a challenge but I'm sure Brenda and I can handle it.

Last night we did salad dressings. We made French dressing (which didn't turn out as planned the first time but was okay the second time) two Ranch dressings and Caesar dressing. We also made a Greek Village Salad that everyone really enjoyed - even one student who said she didn't care for feta cheese. So, we're off to a good start. I do have to get myself a little better organized though, as I tend to be all over the place when I get there. I need to focus a bit more and concentrate on what's going on one thing at a time, but I guess that will come with time. It's just a matter of getting back into it again, I suppose.

In the recovery room at Guelph General
Poor little Tristen had his dental surgery yesterday. They had to remove 2 teeth and fill a bunch more. He has a lot of cavities and yet the other two kids are fine. I suspect he inherited his bad baby teeth from his grandma. When I was a little kid, apparently I had very soft teeth and had at ton of cavities and required all kinds of dental work when I was really little. Now he's the same. Sorry T, for passing that on to you. But Patti said he did very well and was really happy to have gone to Mommy's work so I guess he wasn't too traumatized.  They had to give him morphine, because it seems he's allergic to whatever they normally use in the dentists office, which is why they had to do it in the hospital. He looks so peaceful, Patti suggested perhaps we should give him morphine more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment