Thursday, September 22, 2011




Conditions at 5:30 am: clear skies, lots of bright stars and 12'
Expected later: 21' and sunny with maybe the odd cloud thrown in

What a glorious day again yesterday. It was much too nice to have to be at work. But I was. At least I got to go out for a while at lunch and enjoy it. Looks like more of the same today.

I was saddened to read in the paper yesterday that my friend Donna's mom had passed away on Monday. It's not that long ago that Brenda and I stopped in at Donna's one Sunday when we were out on our bikes in the spring, and Glenda was just getting ready to go out somewhere. Just goes to show we should never take anything for granted. I went to the funeral home last night for the visitation and the place was jammed with people. It speaks volumes about the person and their family when so many come out to say good bye. The funeral is this morning but I won't be able to go, but I'm sure it will be just as busy.

I had a brief chat with our friend Stefan yesterday afternoon. Lloyd called me on my cell phone but I didn't get to it in time and when I called back, Stef answered. He's in Guelph to visit his sister. She didn't come down to the island this year as planned. She just bought a new house and is busy getting settled in there. Stef assured me that he and Lloyd were NOT up to no good - such as eating and drinking - but I suggested that I could recognize the sound of the Shakespeare Arms in the background. He admitted that was indeed where they were. Now that's a big surprise!  Hope they're not feeling too badly this morning. They're a dangerous combination when they get together.

Spotted at Shakeys? Guess you'll just have to go on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment