Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to summer like weather


 


Conditions at 5:30 am: clear starry skies and 12'
Expected later: sunny and 20'

It's a really slow news day today. Yesterday was cool but got much nicer in the afternoon but today we're back to much warmer temperatures again. I was a little late getting home last night, around 6:00 and after puttering around and doing  a few things around the house, I just curled up on the couch with Cooper and watched some TV. The house was a bit chilly but I  knew it was going to be warmer this morning so I didn't light a fire.

One bit of news, though, is I have a copy of Chef Michael's new cookbook. I had emailed him to bring me one the next time he was in the city (he is a Toyota customer after all). I got a call from his assistant yesterday advising that she was coming in to town so she asked what name I wanted on it so he could sign it. She came in a little after lunch and delivered it to me. It was sitting on my desk and every staff who came by had to stop and have a look at it. He's got a very busy couple of months ahead, but Jen told me he'll be doing a book signing in the mall sometime before Christmas. I just looked through it briefly but one recipe came to my attention that I really want to try: Coconut Mussel Broth with Ginger, Lime and Cilantro. I really don't care for cilantro so may substitute parsley instead or I might put just a tiny bit of cilantro in just to try it. There are some other really interesting looking items in there as well - I can't wait to start trying some of them. There will surely be some we can use in our cooking class.

No comments:

Post a Comment