Friday, September 30, 2011

Really bizarre



Conditions at 6:00 am: overcast and wet and 20'
Expected later: sunny and 22'

What strange weather. Two mornings ago it was 3' in the morning, now this morning it's 20' when I let the dog out. It's unseasonable but we'll definitely take it.

I had a chance to chat with Patti yesterday. She was in St. John's Nfld, and was waiting for her flight to load. They've been really busy and so have I, so I haven't talked to the kids in a while so they're going to call me sometime on the weekend. When the flight was getting ready to load she said she had to go. I told her I would stand outside and wave as she flew over. We both laughed over that one. Years ago in Guelph, we had some friends who had small kids. When Patti first started flying and we were out with the kids we would look up at airplanes passing overhead and wave and yell "Hi Patti" at every plane. Then their mom was telling us what happened when they went to Greece to visit some relatives. They were in Athens and a plane flew overhead and all three kids were waving at it and yelling "Hi Patti" much to the embarrassment of their parents who were at a loss to explain this strange behavior from their kids. You just had to be there.

Things are pretty quiet around here because Brenda's been busy so we've been staying out of trouble! But it's Friday so we're going into town after work to have a bite to eat and catch up.

I finally talked to the supervisor at the Superstore. I've been in several times over the past two weeks but she was away on vacation and the person filling in repeatedly said she would call when she gets the schedule but I would never hear back. Now Laurie, the real boss, is back and I've been trying to connect with her all week and finally got hold of her yesterday. She says she's been trying to get hold of me too but it seems someone wrote my number down wrong. Good thing I kept persistently trying to contact her. Anyway she was telling me that the week up to Thanksgiving is busier than Christmas here in Charlottetown, so there is no time for training next week. But she is going to bring me in two shifts next week just to help wherever it's needed - bagging, putting things back, etc. I'm okay with that. She sounds really nice although we haven't met. She had me scheduled to work on Tuesday and I was going to be working with her. But when I told her I couldn't work on Tuesdays she joked "it's okay if you don't want to work with me" so I think it will be good. I told her I would prefer not to work on Sundays as I need a day for me, and she said she didn't blame me so it's good that she understands. However, because it's really busy before Thanksgiving, I told her I would work that Sunday because I have the Monday off. Then I will start training on cash the following week. So I think it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment