Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday, November 17 - our lovely fall may be coming to a close soon

 
Conditions at 6:15 am: light rain and 8', heading for a high of 12' with raining ending this morning but beginning again this afternoon- much cooler expected tomorrow

Not much to report this morning, except I'm really happy to advise that a mouse JUST  ran across my kitchen floor. I know that means I'll have to get the traps out again but I'm really pleased to see at least one! You see, I had this theory. Brenda had quite a number of them earlier in the fall and I had none whatsoever. It concerned me because I've had them the last two falls. But none so far this year. My suspicion was (and may still be correct) that the snake that had taken up residence in the back yard in the summer has probably moved into the basement for the winter. Lots of rocks in the walls and a nice cool clay floor - an ideal place to spend the winter. If that is, in fact, what could have happened, I figure it's the snake living in the basement that's eating all the mice. Some might say this is a good thing but believe me, that is probably the one most terrifying thing that could happen to a person like me. 
Crazy you say? Just don't be asking me to go down there for ANYTHING! 

We had yet another great day yesterday. I wore my fall coat when I went out at lunch but soon took it off and left it in the car. However I did speak to Brenda later in the afternoon and she advised it had cooled off a little.

So much to do and so little time. I heard about a Christmas decorating demo at the Home Hardware in Stratford tonight and then tomorrow night is also the Colonal Gray Christmas Craft Show. Saturday I'm working till 11:30 and Sunday is a dinner at the Rec Centre for the volunteers. I guess it's that time of year again. 

 I decided on my way home last night that I'm  only going to work at the store until Christmas. I don't relish that drive home late at night in bad weather come January or February. There's no other traffic out at that time and I don't think I'd like to make that trek all by myself. So a bit of extra  money for Christmas is a great thing but after Christmas I need time to just chill, not to mention spending some time sorting and getting the house ready for Lloyd to move here. I realized the other day there's no place for his clothes, or his shaving stuff in the  bathroom - those kinds of things. I've lived here alone for so long that my "stuff" is pretty much occupying every square inch. There's no room for someone else's "stuff". It will be an adjustment for both of us. I know when we made this decision a little over 2 1/2 years ago, we both acknowledged it might take up to three years but I don't think that deep down either of us really expected it would. But the end is in sight and I'll be glad when he gets here. I think in reality he should arrive here on April 30th - then it will be exactly 3 years to the day! But sooner would be fine as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment