Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, November 18th - Another week almost over

 

Conditions at 5:30 am: the weather network says 0' and snow flurries but not at my house - it must be slightly warmer out here in the eastern end as it is just raining - could be different when I get to town - heading for a high of 2'

Yesterday was yet again a lovely day once the morning rain cleared. We were supposed to get more rain late in the afternoon but that never happened. I met Brenda at the Home Hardware in Stratford for the ladies night they were having from 6:00 to 8:00. I thought it was going to be demos of things and some new Christmas decorating ideas but it really wasn't what we had hoped for. There were a couple of vendors set up and some snacks but that was about it. We were there early, around 5:30 and spent some time touring the furniture area upstairs but in the end we didn't even buy anything. Brenda saw a few people that she knew but I didn't see anyone familiar. In the end we topped off our evening with tea at her house. A bit of a disappointment but what the heck. But then when I got home I got a call from one of the vendors, Epicure, telling me that I had won a door prize - a cutting board, so in the end I guess it was worth it after all !

So tonight we are heading out to the Craft Show at Colonal Gray High School. It's usually quite a big event.That will put us in the Christmas spirit!

I shared the picture of my cake with one of the girls at work yesterday, and she later asked if I could decorate cakes for her kids birthdays if needed. I told her absolutely. It seems one of them has celiac disease and so she can't just go and buy a birthday cake,she has to bake them herself and she says her decorating skills aren't the greatest. So this could work. She bakes the cake and I can decorate it.

Well, obviously it's a slow news day so I will wish you all a great weekend and let you get on with your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment