Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday, November 22 - James may be right

Conditions at 5:15 am: starry skies and -6' heading for a sunny high of +1' later and maybe some serious snow tomorrow

My guess was the birds were Quail. Last night James called on his way to swimming class to say that he was pretty sure they were Quail as well. Now this morning there is a comment at the bottom (posted anonymously) that indicates they look like they could be Bob White Quail. Thank you anonymous for confirming our suspicions, or at least acknowledging that we may be right!

Well, it looks like we may be in for some snow tomorrow. All day yesterday the radio kept saying we'd better get our winter tires put on but the Weather Network only indicated a couple of cm's. Now this morning they are predicting 5 to 10 cm. It could be not so bad or it could be really messy. I think I'll take my snow tires to work on Wednesday and see if the guys have time to put them on for me. I work till 10:30 on Wednesday night so there won't be much traffic on the road and it's not supposed to start snowing until mid afternoon so the ride home could be interesting. Nothing like getting us into winter mode right away.

I'm not sure what came over me last night when I got home but I had lots energy. I think it was the mental fact that I didn't have any prep work to do for class as Brenda and I did it all on Sunday. So when I got home I got busy and swept the whole house (finally got rid of the dozens of dead flies lying around upstairs), stripped my bed and did the laundry, vacuumed the carpet - it was a very productive evening. While I was doing all that I had a piece of chicken and some baby potatoes roasting in the oven. So when I was finished I had a nice meal. Not sure what happened last night but it would be nice if it happened more often!

Tonight is our final class. I'm sad to see it end but also glad to see it end at the same time. It's been a great group. We have our pot luck next weekend and tonight I want to set a date for the girls to come here for a pot luck when it's over. I'd love that. But I'll have to put up my tree for that. I used to put it up the weekend of the Santa Claus Parade in Guelph, which usually falls on the same day as the Toronto Parade, which is this weekend. Maybe I'll get started on that this weekend. Not having to work till 11:30 on Saturday night will make a world of difference. We have our party but I doubt it will be really late and it won't be standing on my feet for 8 hours.  I might actually have a productive Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment