Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday, November 1 - It was a quiet Halloween at the Denny's


 


Today's weather: it's a clear 2' at 5:30 am but heading for some sun and 8' later today

This was the first year since I've been here that I've actually been home on Halloween. I didn't really expect I'd get any kids and sure enough, I didn't. But I did buy a box of bags of chips just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.
The whole crew
Patti sent me some photos of the kids and their Halloween costumes and festivities. It looks like a great time was had by all!


I spent the evening making icing and then packing everything up for our cake decorating class tonight. It should be interesting. If nothing else it will be messy, so I've packed enough aprons for everyone.


I was also able to pick up a bucket of rolled fondant at the bulk barn. I didn't know they sold it until one day last week I was in there at lunch and saw it.

Meghan and her jack-o-lantern

I'll be sure to take my camera tonight as it might be a good night to get some interesting photos

Tristen and his-I don't know what. - maybe he can call and fill me in
We have a cake for each one to decorate and take home and then I'll do one in fondant so they can see how it works and how easy it really is to put on. Then we can share that cake so they can have a taste. It's one of those things you either like or don't like, but it does make a nice looking cake.

I also recently discovered that my answering machine doesn't work any more. So I picked up a new one on Friday and finally got around to hooking it up last night. Of course the phone has to charge for 16 hours so I haven't yet been able to program the message but it does come with a pre-programmed one so at least it has something. It's a phone and answering machine all in one so I moved the old phone out to the kitchen. It's actually kind of nice having a phone on the kitchen now because sometimes when I'm busy in the kitchen, I MAY have the stereo on a tad loud and occasionally I would miss a call because I didn't hear the phone. That problem should now be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment