Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday, November 30th -another closing celebration comes to an end

Conditions at 5:30 am: 8' and overcast, heading for a high of 14' and light rain

We certainly feasted last night. There was an amazing array of salads and casseroles to choose from and there were so many you couldn't fit a bit of everything on one plate. And then there were the deserts. A great meal was enjoyed by all. I've asked the girls in our group to email me the recipes for the dishes they contributed so I can share them with all of you. I was every so proud to see that they all made the effort to make something from scratch. 

Graciously accepting our thank you's from Yolanda
I have to send out a huge thank you to all the ladies in our class. They very generously gave me a gift certificate for Cedars Restaurant and a lovely card. It was very sweet ( and not necessary) of them to do that and I truly appreciate it. Then the instructors  also received gift certificates for Papa Joe's from the committee along with another thank you card. So we'll be eating well over the next little while!

The fiddlers fiddling
Along with the food we were entertained by the display from the quilting class and the scrapbooking girls as well as the judo class, guitar and fiddle classes. The fiddle people were really very good. I'm sure some of them have been going to these classes for a number of years but I'm sure there were also some new people. They did an awesome job for just 10 weeks of playing together (or at all, in some cases). 

All in all, a really great night. Once again, thank you so much to all, and especially to Brenda for all your help - it would not have been possible without all of you.

PS - the macarons were a success - at least the tray was almost empty when we got ready to leave so that was a good thing. As I went to collect it, the lady who does caretaking at the school was putting a few left over treats on a plate to take home. There was one more macaron left on my tray so I suggested she take it so I could have the tray. She asked "Oh my gosh, did you make these?  I'll have to get your recipe" at which point Brenda countered with "Marlene, you don't even want to go there!" We told her they were a 'bit fiddly' and I said if she wanted some, to get in touch with me and we'd work something out!

No comments:

Post a Comment