Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday, November 25 - One month till Christmas

 


Conditions at 5:30 am: -2' and overcast, heading for a high of 6' and mostly cloudy skies

It's only been one day and already we've become accustomed to looking at the snow. I thought more of it would have melted out here but that's not the case yet, although today's temperatures may help a bit. The good news is the roads are clear and dry so I really don't care how much white stuff is on the ground! It was a bit of a challenge to get up the lane (!)  last night and I ended up leaving the car down at the end but that's okay too. Not the first nor the last time that will happen.

When I was watching the taped news on Wednesday at midnight there was a story about an Air Canada jet that had to make an emergency landing in Charlottetown. It was on it's way to St. Johns and had lost an engine. My first reaction was "I wonder if Patti was on that flight" as I know it's one she sometimes does. But then when I thought about it she would have definitely given me a call from the airport here. I would have had to leave work right away and rush over to give her a big hug - it would have been very scary for both of us (but she probably would have handled it in her usual calm and efficient manner as just another day at work). Click on the link to read the full story.

Airplane makes emergency landing at Charlottetown airport - Local - The Guardian

Last night I had the pleasure of dining with the Van Gaals on my way home. Then I spent the rest of the evening in my PJ's and watched a bit of TV and talked to Lloyd for a while. Nothing too busy, even though there were things I need to do but I'll get there. I have to find some things I need to work on Saturday morning and that requires a few minutes in my craft room. I want to get working on my Christmas cards. I received so many comments on the cards I sent out last year, that I have to do something just as interesting so it's taken a bit of thought, but I have come up with an idea, but it needs a bit of tweaking.... stay tuned and watch your mail boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment