Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday, November 29 - The Potluck Party



Conditions at 5:30 am: 3' and overcast, heading for a mix of sun and cloud and 7' later


What we hoped for 
Well, after much searching at lunch yesterday and phoning around after, I was unable to find the necessary item to make our macaron presentation complete. I had hoped to secure them to a styrofoam cone to form a tree but I couldn't find a suitable cone. The only ones available were tall and skinny and not what I had in mind. In the end our macarons are in rows on a tray. Not the presentation I was hoping for but maybe next time. Nonetheless, they taste good and that's really all that matters.
I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening with friends tonight and not having to teach anyone anything. Just have fun - but then really every Tuesday was fun this year.

It's a busy week. Last night, with Brenda's help, we filled the shells, and tonight is the potluck. Tomorrow night we're meeting my friend Donna in town after work. Thursday I'm working so Friday is the first evening this week I'll have nothing to do. Yay! Then Saturday I'm working but only till 8:00 pm so that's a bonus as well.

Last night Brenda and I were looking through some cooking magazines and realize we really need to get our acts together and get some baking done for Christmas. It will be here before we know it. I won't need to do a lot as the kids won't be here and I know Lloyd will be trying to eat properly (note I said 'trying') but it will be a lot more difficult if there's tons of treats hanging around.
What we ended up with

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious! Too bad about the cone but hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete