Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, November 12 - Better late than never, is my motto

Conditions at 9:45 am: 3' and partly cloudy and very windy headed for a high of 6' - quite a bit different from the 15' we on Friday - except that it was really windy and very rainy.

Friday was Remembrance Day and here on the island, that means a day off for everyone. Needless to say I never got around to the blog. (and I WAS told about it!).  I had lots of things planned for the day but some of them will have to wait. I worked until midnight at the store on Thursday and by the time I got to bed it was almost 2:00 am. I had a hair appointment at 9:00 Friday morning so was up at 8:00. When I got home I tidied up a bit then around 12:30 decided it was time for an afternoon nap. Well, three hours later, I woke up. So much for a productive day. But obviously I needed it. Upon dragging my butt out of bed, I made myself something to eat. I had all the ingredients for another recipe of the Pad Tai we'd made on Tuesday night so it was a treat to sit down to watch TV with a nice meal - something I don't do often enough for myself.

I sat myself down to watch the Marilyn Denis Show which I had taped earlier in the day. Brenda and Meghan were on it  and boy did they have connections. They were right there in the front row. There weren't enough shots of the audience for my liking but there was one particularly good shot of the two of them.  We'll get together after she gets back, and watch it and she can fill me in on all the background stuff!

Well, Bernie is finally reunited with his truck. I stopped in to his place on Friday and picked him up to go back to pick up the truck. Then this morning (Saturday) Bernie came and picked me up and drove me to work so I could pick up my car. He claims he had something else to do in town today, and I hope that's right. So now all is as it should be. I suggested to him that I could pick Brenda up at the airport on Sunday night but he says he should really do that. I know he'll want to hear all about her trip and how the girls are doing.

So, the girls in our cooking class want to learn how to make Chicken Shwarma's and Lebanese rice. They really like the food at a local restaurant called Cedars and I don't think I've eaten there. So I thought it might be prudent to check it out first before I start researching recipes.  On Thursday night I didn't start at the grocery store until 7:00 so I thought, great, I have two hours to play with, I'll just take myself out and have supper there - you know - research! So after taking almost half an hour to get downtown, when I arrived, the entire lower part of the city was in complete darkness. Not a street light or building light to be seen. It turns out there was some sort of incident with a hydro pole downtown and it took out all the power. Of course the restauant was in that lower block. So I ended up coming back uptown and getting a slice of pizza from the deli department for my supper. Today I start work at 2:30 so there's not enough time so I guess I'll have to go on Sunday. I have a couple of other things I can do in town at the same time so I might do that. Then I can research recipes for something close and do the shopping on Monday after work.

Okay, that's it for now. See you bright and early Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment