Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, February 24th - I think winter's here!

It took a while for winter to officially arrive but I think it's here. Right now (5:30 am) it's snowing and blowing and 0'. The weather network says we should receive 15 to 20 cms of snow by tomorrow morning, another 10 to 15cms on Saturday and looking ahead, another 10 to 15 on Tuesday. I guess it had to come eventually.

Well, we were supposed to play floor hockey last night but it got postponed. Too many people had backed out for various reasons so they decided to move it to another date and try again. Truthfully, I really didn't mind at all. So I had a quiet evening to myself as Brenda had a meeting. Because it was Thursday, and Thursday is a scrapbooking day, that's what I did. I made supper, watched a bit of TV while I ate, then went upstairs and worked for a little while.  That is until I ran out of ideas for a page I was working on. So I set it aside and I'll let it roll around in my head for a couple of days until something inspiring comes to mind.

Other than that I have nothing new to report. Of course, our weather today might be the big story. I won't know until after 6:00 or 6:30 when the cancellations start coming in to the radio if it's going to be a snow day. I don't know that we got that much snow, a few inches from the looks of the patio, but it certainly sounds like it's blowing around pretty good. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. We thought mother nature had forgotten us this winter, but it looks like she's changed her mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment