Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, February 27th - what a wild and windy weekend


Well, it's still windy but perhaps not quite as strong. It's a chilly -9 this morning and that's pretty much where it's going to stay for the entire day.

It was meant to be a major snow storm on Friday night but I couldn't quite believe it. I enjoyed a delicious supper at the Van Gaals (it's Friday, so that must mean tulips) and when I left at 9:00 it was very calm and clear with millions of brilliant stars in the sky. I could not imagine we would get 20 cms of snow by lunch on Saturday. Turns out we didn't. We did get a tiny bit of snow and a little freezing rain but for the most part it was a none event. Lots of hoopla for nothing.

But windy, was another matter. The wind was howling around 80 km/hr all weekend long. No plans for Saturday and a good thing, as there was a wedding at the Rec Centre so that was Saturday.

Sunday morning the wind was still howling and we decided not to try skiing. I had called the info line and they advised the conditions were poor. I decided to give my warping board a try. It's not sanded or finished as yet but I'm waiting for a spring like day when I can do it outside. The last thing I need is a house full of sanding dust. The dowels are pretty smooth so I was able to actually use it. I did a small warp, just enough to make a scarf to figure out exactly what to do. Then, with the video playing, I was able to get it on the loom with no problems. The yarn I'm using is quite lumpy so goes slowly. It's a bit challenging but at least I've got something to work on.
These are the tulips on my kitchen table

This morning I'm dropping Cooper of at the groomers for his spa day! Lucky dog.

The tulips Bernie gave me on Friday are just opening and are a beautiful mix of colours. What a wonderful breath of spring on a cold and windy day.

Well, it's official - Stephan will be the first in line to call Lloyd an old geezer - the first pension cheque arrived last week. But I guess I can't talk as I'll be able to get mine come August.

No comments:

Post a Comment