Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday, February 14th - Happy Valentines Day!

Today we come out of the deep freeze! Yesterday was VERY cold and this morning is still -17' with a windchill of -25'. But the sun will shine later and by this evening it will be -3'. Much closer to what we're used to.

The sun shone all day yesterday and inside it felt lovely but when you went outside, it was really cold. We;re pretty lucky here because we don't get a lot of that really cold weather. But it certainly brought back memories of my years in Timmins, Ontario. The first winter I was there it was -40' at night and would warm up to -25 in the daytime. I didn't have a car in those days and would walk to work. Not sure I could do that now. I've become such a wimp in my old age (and darn proud of it!).

I've received such positive responses from everyone from Friday night that we will definitely do it again. I've received the recipes but have written back for some clarification on one of them so will give you one each day. Today's is Yolanda's   Savory Vegetable Squares. They were delicious and an ideal thing to take to a potluck as they can be made ahead and require no heating at the event. Click her to find the recipe under the index of Finger Foods. Look for the rest of the recipes here tomorrow.

I would have had the recipes all loaded except Monday night is our scrapbooking night. Brenda arrived right on time and we worked for a couple of hours then sat and watched a bit of the Grammy's from Sunday night. We enjoyed a glass of wine and some Warm Artichoke Dip with some nacho chips and it was pretty tasty.

I got this email from a friend in Ontario last week and I thought, seriously??? But someone has a great sense of humour and a wonderful imagination. For all my shoe loving friends, check out some of these shoes...




















































No comments:

Post a Comment