Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday, February 28th - how much snow will we get?

All day yesterday they forecast 10 to 15 cms of snow by mid day today. It's 5:30 am and it's -8' and we have a couple of cms of new snow on the ground this morning but no wind as yet. Rumour has it we will get heavy snow later this morning and a high of -5'. We'll see what happens when it's time to come home this afternoon.

Yesterday the wind finally stopped. I didn't refill my wood supply on Sunday because it was:
 a) just too windy and
b) I think I was feeling a little lazy and
c) Brenda wasn't around to force me out the door!

Not really her fault, I take full responsibility for my lack of activitiy. But I did get some things done inside so it wasn't a total loss. But I have to admit it was nice to get outside and be a little active last night. After I picked the dog up from his day at the spa (and he now smells wonderful) I quickly went about filling up the wood before it got too dark. I had just enough in the house to get the fire going so it was a necessary project.

I just had time to make a sandwich for supper and clean up my dishes when Brenda arrived. So we did our usual Monday routine - pour ourselves a glass of wine and head upstairs and start working. She did a couple of titles on the Cricut but I'm not much of a teacher I'm afraid, as I've forgotten most things about it. So we're learning from the beginning together.

But she is such an apt student! The other night she was telling me she had bought some fish in town and coated it in Panko and served it to Bernie. Not so long ago she didn't know what Panko was and now she's experimenting on her own. She's certainly learned a lot in a couple of years! She was always a good cook but now she's venturing out of her comfort zone a little and Bernie is the lucky recipient. Her Sticky Date Pudding last week was absolutely wonderful. I'd never had it before and it was a whole new experience for me, one that I'm looking forward to trying the next time Lloyd is here (because if I make it now I'll eat the entire thing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment