Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What a lovely Valentine Surprise

How wonderful to be out of that deep freeze. The temperature this morning at 5:00 is -2' with a high expected later of +2'. After the past few days it's absolutely balmy.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I got a call in the morning from Brenda. It seems that Bernie bought a bottle of champagne for her for Valentine's and thought it only appropriate that I should also share it. What a treat and how nice to be included. So I picked up a couple of things we needed for a dish we'd seen a couple of weeks ago in the new edition of Canadian Living. The Mediterranean Chicken and Spinach  Pasta was delicious.
For a special Valentine's treat, Brenda had also baked some - not from a package, but homemade - chocolate brownies with lots of chopped walnuts. Those, fresh out of the oven, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some warm chocolate sauce, were a decadent way to finish off a delicious meal. Of course, the company was really what made it special.

I had just gotten home when Lloyd called to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day. It seems that our good friend Stephan visited for a couple of days and they've made tentative plans to go to Vietnam the beginning of June. It's something they've been talking about for a couple of years now so we'll see if it actually happens.
That will be about the same time that I'm planning a short trip to London, England. It will be the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and since I was there for her Golden Jubilee ten years ago, it's only fitting that I should be at this one. Did I mention that Sir Paul factors into this decision? Of course he does! All I have to do now is work out the details... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment